Friday, October 1, 2010

High Protein Bonk

I followed the P90X diet plan today. I normally follow a high protein diet, but Phase I of this plan failed me today. Per the plan - all of the complex carbohydrates included in my day are - one serving of traditional carbohydrates and one fruit. I had 1/2 a serving with breakfast and an apple for morning snack.

By 2:00 this afternoon, I had a headache and a steely taste in my mouth. I've had plenty of water today, and one of my two allotted vegetable servings, so the last thing I thought could be lacking was some complex carbs.

Piece of multi-grain toast with a little butter to the rescue! I washed it down with a glass of water and in about 20 minutes or so, things were getting better. I want to follow the diet plan as closely as possible - but may need to adjust Phase 1 to meet my bodies specific needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave encouragement HERE!