Friday, October 1, 2010

Chest and Back

Day 1 - Chest and Back, Ab Ripper X

Today was my last day of the 5:30am workouts. HOO-RAH. Hubby's schedule is changing, so we will have to squeeze them in sometime in the afternoon or evening. I don't mind working out in the mornings, sorta gets it out of the way. I wonder if I could perform better later in the day, though.

Chest and Back (55min) - tons of push ups in every different way imaginable (Decline Push-Ups with your feet on a chair!!). A fair amount of pull ups in varying grips. I do okay on the push ups, but totally bonk on the pull ups. I used to think my arms were pretty strong - what with lifting kids all day - but I guess they are not strong enough to pull up my body weight. I used a chair with one foot on it for support and was able to at least begin half way and pull myself up. Essentially, there were 12 exercises and then we repeated them in reverse order.

Ab Ripper X (15min) - If you complete each rep of every exercise, you end up performing over 300 moves. Needless to say, this 30-Something Momma of 4, did NOT even come close. I estimate I was able to do a third of the exercises. This DVD is used as an add-on 2 or 3 days a week.

My arms feel like jello and I'm pretty sure my abs will be screaming by evening. For breakfast, I followed the meal plan and had a Mushroom & Egg White Omelet. Not far off what I normally have. I skipped my usual high fiber tortilla, but ended up having a piece of multi-grain bread later. I could hear my body needing the carb energy.

Stats:
Calories burned: 475
Average HR: 122
Max HR: 168
Times I wished for death: 1

That's it - Day 1. Only 89 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave encouragement HERE!