Monday, July 18, 2011

Tempo Run

4 miles / 45:00

Mile 1 - 12:49 *ugh, I'm dying, I hate this, I shoudla stayed in bed*
Mile 2 - 10:08 *okay, I guess I'm alright, time to try*
Mile 3 - 10:06 *keep it going, keep it going*
Mile 4 - 11:45 *praise God for a little breeze and being DONE*

I haven't done any speed work since my hamstring strain a month or so ago. It was nice to get out and push the pace a little. I wore my Vibrams and took hydration along. When I started it was 80 degrees and 80% humidity...I wasn't convinced that this was a good idea - I even walked some of my warm up mile. I would like to be under 10:00 on these tempo runs, but will take what I can get in the "sauna" - otherwise known as Nebraska in July.

2 comments:

  1. I am proud that you got out and did your work out. It is not easy and not always fun, but my!!! how good it feels when you are done!!! You did it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! The Sauna comment...I hear that it is sooo hot there. I remember how hot it got int he midwest when I'd go to college in Iowa at the end of the summer but nothing like this year I hear. Great to find your blog and hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave encouragement HERE!