Thursday, July 21, 2011

A Couple of Days Forced Rest

A few hours after my Sauna Tempo Run on Monday, I had another molar pulled. Cracked teeth are a real pain...and more cost effective (in my opinion) to pull and replace with implants than to root canal and crown!

This was my second go 'round. The first time I went right from the Dentist to the Oral Surgeon. My ligaments were inflamed, and the tooth had been cracked a. long. time. It was pretty traumatic - but I *thought* this would be easier.

I know some people are squeamish when it comes to dental stories - so suffice it to say that it took 30 minutes of drilling, breaking and digging to get "the most difficult tooth in the mouth" to release it's hold on my jaw bone. I was on the nitrous gas long enough that I began to hallucinate and had to have oxygen. I was sweating, shaking and focusing all of my energy on controlling my hands. Each muscle fiber begged to reach up and get those people out of my face and those horrific tools out of my mouth.

Moving along to recovery...

I decided to take a couple of days off training. Today is typically a Yoga Day and Friday is my long run. I sorta need to do a 10 mile confidence run tomorrow or Saturday...here's hoping it's cooler. The forecast for 5am is 76 degrees and 80% humidity - a little breeze and a little chance of rain. Sounds perfect-ish, well for this time of year. Now, if I can just get the swelling down in my jaw I think we'll be okay.

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. OUCH!!!!!!!! I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Leave encouragement HERE!