Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sunday Cycling

14.5 miles / 58:00

This morning I tried to get out of town a little bit. I wanted some open road where I could get up some speed and not have to stop at every street crossing.

This was a hard workout. I'm not sure if it was because this was a hilly darn route or that I hadn't worked out (and had eaten a lot of sugar) this week....or that my jaw still hurts, but I was tired when I got back. Tired at church, and tired all day.

I decided to take the gauze packing out of my molar socket this morning. Through a little playing doctor and consulting Dr. Google, I concluded that it had been in there just a little to long and was yicky and sorta slimey. Yes, I sterilized my eyebrow tweasers before I stuck them in my mouth. Gee, there was a lot of gauze in there. I pulled out a wad about the size of the end of my pinky finger.

Ew.

But it felt a little better. I still have a bit of swelling and tenderness on the gums. I'm a little grumpy from being in pain...it hurts down into my jaw on the side of my face. I keep thinking things like "I should have just left it in there" and "What if they can't replace it?" Any time you've been in pain for several days, you mind starts to go and wander off the deep end.

*Sucking it up*

Tomorrow I'm excited to run some intervals with a new FREE application that coaches you through the workout. It's called Adidas miCoach and has lots of groovy graphs and colored charts. I love me some workout feedback! I was surprised at the level of "coaching" offered on a free site. Maybe it will subliminally make me choose Adidas gear from now on.

Review to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave encouragement HERE!