Thursday, June 30, 2011

Yoga


P90X - Yoga X / 1:15

I was really looking forward to this today. I love the "in the moment" focus of Yoga. I always forget how absolutely grueling this routine is!

So tough - but SO GOOD.

I didn't always feel this way about Yoga. I want to run, to bike, to feel my heart beating and see the miles behind me. I don't want to hang out on one little 2x6ft piece of mat just posing!

But I have learned that it helps all other aspects of my life. No, really. Not in the "at one with the universe" sort of way. But the "my back hurts less and I can move better" way. No amount of medical intervention has come close to what Yoga practice has done for my health and well being. One long session per week, and a few stretches and poses during the day is all it takes. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave encouragement HERE!