Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cross Training Cycle

Cycling - 10.5 miles / 53:00

What a beautiful morning for a bike ride! I have to admit, hauling out of bed before 6 on a Sunday is difficult no matter how many times I do it. It seemed like it took me about 3 miles to even warm up...but once those legs were warm and that heart was pumping...WHHEEEE!!!

I headed south today to explore a new trail. I did have to ride a little over a mile on a busy street to get to the trail, but at 6am, traffic was non-existant. I had intended to ride down a different trail that ended up being closed. No problem - I just rode until my RunKeeper app told me I was at 5 miles and then turned around. I live in one of the most bike/run/walk friendly cities in the country! Beautiful, paved trails with plenty of water fountains, benches and parks along side.

My next long run will definitely be down this trail. And, in case you care, there were plenty of wooded areas in case you need an emergency pit stop. :D I've never had to resort to anything like that - but it is always in the back of my mind! Silly, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave encouragement HERE!