Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Yoga


Yoga practice / 45:00

I used a rare opportunity to do some poses during nap time, and what do you know, it worked out to a whole workout! I decided to bring my mat upstairs where I could use it intermittently and get more done. I haven't done Yoga for 2 weeks, because I have it scheduled for evenings. Between baseball, and social events it just hasn't gotten done.

Today I used the written version of the P90X workout and put on some soothing music rather than doing the DVD. It was nice to concentrate on taking 5 breaths for each pose, rather than listening to the instructor to make the change. Darn it, my downward dog was sad after all this time not practicing! It felt good to get my sweat and my stretch on.

I normally do upper body weights on Tuesdays, but have decided to focus solely on running and Yoga until my half on 9/3. So far, so good!

1 comment:

  1. I actually really like yoga. Except sometimes I get spazzy because it moves to slow for me. I've heard great things about the one you're doing!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave encouragement HERE!